Friday, January 5, 2007

Helpful hint

Hi, this is Mandie. I'm really enjoying our Bible read through so far (all 2 days of it!), and I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys are learning through this. I've been reading in the New Living Translation, which may not be the most accurate for studying, but for a read through like this, it's wonderful! It's in every day language, so it really makes the stories come to life. If any of you are having a tough time reading in your translation, contact me or Curtis and we can hook you up with an easier translation like the NLT, or the NIV. And if you have any questions you can always call us, or post your question on the blog. Happy Reading!

7 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Pastor Curtis! I'm really excited about joining this read through and doing it. I know last year I attempted to do it and didn't manage to complete it...so I'm really glad I can have other people to be accountable to. I'm going to read in the morning on the bus on the way to school. Are we only reading by ourselves, or is there something else we have to do?

MandieCurtis said...

Hey Melody. I'm excited that you're excited about the reading. Having a plan to read is a great idea (like every morning on the bus). As far as how we read, you can do it by yourself or with others... however you want to do it. There is nothing else that we "have to do", but there are some things we are going to try to make it easier--like using this website, meeting early on Wednesday nights, having specific accountability partners, etc.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. Just a quick note that you might like listening to the New Living Translations available at crosswalk.com and blueletterbible.org. (They're different.) Both come to life with different voices for the various speakers in the text, background noises and some music. Pretty cool.

Melody said...

Ok, cool! Like how early on Wednesdays?

MandieCurtis said...

We are going to meet at 6:30 on Wednesdays... 30 minutes before youth group.

MandieCurtis said...

thanks for the links Mrs. Molchan... they are fun to listen to!

Melody said...

Oh sweet. I'll be there :)